Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

What specific test should I get to determine how much damage I have done by smoking ?

Now that I have stopped smoking meth and am reading about all of the long-term effects I would like to schedule a medical exam. What specific tests should I get to determine how much damage I have done to my body? 43 years old. Female. No major health problems. On and off Meth user for ten years. Want to determine what areas of my body have been most affected by my use. What medical tests should I request?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hi. meth smoking means methamphetamine smoking.. which is neurotoxic and can lead to parkinsonism, it can alsolead to cognitive defects like memory, impaired attention, and executive function, u may loose your tooth quickly, your lungs and heart may be affected and can lead to pulmonary hypertension, loss of appetite and digestive problems, insomnia.. so it will affect almost all the systems of the body. i advic eyou to leave the meth addiction go and get consulted to a doctor nearby you and get routine check up done.. may be u need to join a rehabilitation centre. dont worry your addiction will be completely cured as there are many drugs available to control withdrawal symptoms and rehabilitation.. take a strong resolution.. there s life beyond it..
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor