What should your blood pressure be at the age of 40?

what should your blood pressure be if your a 40 year old women?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Depends on wt and ht and other factors mostly 120 over 70

I ve always had excellent blood pressure, until this week. On Tuesday, I went to a City MD clinic and my blood pressure was high. Today I went back for some things and had them take it again. It was high again -- 140/ 86. I am a 36 year old female. I don t eat meat. I walk between 20 and 40 miles a week, and more than 30 miles most weeks. There is a family history, but no one in my family has had any problems before the age of 50. Why would I have high blood pressure now? Should I make an appointment with a cardiologist?

Hi,my GammaGT was 333 last month and now it is 195.I am a non drinker female aged 46yrs.I have high BP since few yrs.Please suggest what diet and medicine should I take.I am taking Arbitel 40mg for BP.I have mild Osteopenea too.My face is puffy all day and eye lid heavy n don t feel fresh n energetic.Thanks.

I am 74 of age. My Blood Pressure range 160/70 and Heart Rate around 60 despite taking Olmezest CH 4o in Morning and CTD 12.5 in the evening. I am diabetic for last 40 years which is well controlled with the Help of Insulin. I am taking 30 IUL of Lantus in evening and 08 IUL of fast acting Novorapid both before Lunch & Dinner. I do regular exercise and no problem of cardiovascular disease during Exercise but have Chest discomfort when Blood Pressure exceed 160/80. What should I do to bring Blood Pressure in the range of 140/80.

Recent questions on  Hypertension

Hi, My Name is Ravi Ku Sharma, I am 56 year old, In the age of 42 i had of attack of hypertension (220/120) bp cause bleeding from nose whole night.I started taking BP pills, after some hour my whole body get itching.Today my all joints having skin problem..What should i do..Please suggest. Thanks & Best Regards, Ravi Kumar Sharma

i am 55, female, height 5 6. weight-90.. suffering from high bp for last two months with bp ranging from 160/85 to 170/95 even after taking medicines like telsateran, amloguard, alphadopa, targit 80 every day. i hav been hospitalised twice within this period before medication experincing shortness of breath, dryness of throat, dizziness etc. i hav been detected LVH . trop T was negative. what should i do?

I am 34 female. Was seen in er on Friday , due to heaviness in chest and almost passing out several times. They took x-rays of chest. Everything was ok. My bp was 167\107 with high heart rate. I was given meds to lower these. Sent me home with no cause given and bp meds. Followed up with dr on Tuesday. Bp still up. Was told to continue bp meds and return in 2 months. No real exam was given. Woke up yesterday with tenderness and cramp on left side under rib cage. Woke up this morning with entire left side of body aching. Also have that panicky hard to catch breath feeling. What could this be?

i have been taking norvasc 5mg for bp for a year . i haven t seen any change in my bp. my bp in my right hand is in the morning 145/75. but in my left hand it is normal. after taking the medicine for one year i have experienced no side effects except lower heart beat of 48 to 52. i am 38. what should i do please?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...