What should your blood pressure be at the age of 40?

what should your blood pressure be if your a 40 year old women?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Depends on wt and ht and other factors mostly 120 over 70

I ve always had excellent blood pressure, until this week. On Tuesday, I went to a City MD clinic and my blood pressure was high. Today I went back for some things and had them take it again. It was high again -- 140/ 86. I am a 36 year old female. I don t eat meat. I walk between 20 and 40 miles a week, and more than 30 miles most weeks. There is a family history, but no one in my family has had any problems before the age of 50. Why would I have high blood pressure now? Should I make an appointment with a cardiologist?

Hi,my GammaGT was 333 last month and now it is 195.I am a non drinker female aged 46yrs.I have high BP since few yrs.Please suggest what diet and medicine should I take.I am taking Arbitel 40mg for BP.I have mild Osteopenea too.My face is puffy all day and eye lid heavy n don t feel fresh n energetic.Thanks.

I am 74 of age. My Blood Pressure range 160/70 and Heart Rate around 60 despite taking Olmezest CH 4o in Morning and CTD 12.5 in the evening. I am diabetic for last 40 years which is well controlled with the Help of Insulin. I am taking 30 IUL of Lantus in evening and 08 IUL of fast acting Novorapid both before Lunch & Dinner. I do regular exercise and no problem of cardiovascular disease during Exercise but have Chest discomfort when Blood Pressure exceed 160/80. What should I do to bring Blood Pressure in the range of 140/80.

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I am a 34 year old female weighing approximately 240 pounds. I smoked off and on for fifteen years and quit on my own in January 2011 for good. Shortly before I kicked the habit, I began feeling as if I had panic attacks. I went to my physician who prescribed me Buspar for depression / anxiety. I had a reaction to the medicine causing my heart to race, chest to hurt, and arms to tingle. I was advised to stop taking the medication and was not prescribed anything else. All throughout February I had what I thought were panic attacks, but they progressively got worse and lasted longer, always worse at night. I finally went to the Emergency Room on March 12th thinking perhaps it was Asthma, even though I have no cough or wheeze. I thought since we are renovating my mother s house and from years of cigarettes that I had Asthma for sure, but the doctor discovered through X-Rays that I had a large air bubble that had pushed up my left diaphragm causing me trouble breathing. They performed a dilatation where 4 pounds of air was pumped from my stomach and sent me home. I felt so much better and was able to sleep through the night like a baby. Then, four days later, I had trouble breathing again and this time had chest pain as well, so I went to the ER again. They performed a Stress Test, EKG, and MRI scans. They said that my chest was fine, but that I needed to see a Gastro Intestinal doctor as my stomach was bloated. Two days later, I went to the doctor and had an emergency Endoscopy that found I had Pyloric Stenosis (I have no ulcers or scarring and never had it as a child). I had no stomach pain, vomiting or acid reflux, the only GI symptoms I had were nausea, diarrhea, weight loss and bloating. The doctor prescribed Omeprazol & Reglan and had me go back in 2 weeks for a follow up. I felt great for 2 weeks, and at the follow up I was prescribed Paxil to help with IBS symptoms of diarrhea, simithecone to relieve gas and bloating, & Lisinopril for High Blood Pressure (which I did not have before all this). I also caught an ear infection in my right ear during all this and was prescribed Cefdinir, then Allegra and Nasonex to help, and I began having trouble breathing again. X-Rays again showed I had an elevated left diaphragm and air bubbles. I have had blood tests for diabetes and thyroid among other things, CT Scans, another Endoscopy, a colonoscopy, Pulmonary Function tests, Arterial Blood Oxygen tests, Sleep Apnea tests, a Fluoroscopic SNIF test and more X-Rays. I have been told that I have a very small hiatal hernia (too small to operate) and mild asthma (prescribed Pulmicort). I have no other GI tract issues, my heart is fine and my lungs are clear, yet I still have the elevated left diaphragm (which is not paralyzed - it is still functioning in my chest), which has pushed my heart over to the right side of my chest, and pain on my left side now. I stopped taking all meds except the Lisinopril, Gas-X & Pulmicort for Asthma. Some I was told to stop, others I stopped because they seemed to be making the diarrhea, pain and nausea worse. Two nights ago, I tried to lay on my left side to help reduce some of the pain and I immediately felt like I was starving, to the point where I got extremely nauseous and had pain radiating through the left side of my body! I took two bites out of an energy bar, but the feeling was still there. I thought I might be having a heart attack, so I called the doctor and left a message with his answering service. I began to dry heave uncontrollably and then quickly felt better. The doctor said that I should go to the ER if it continued, but it went away, so I did not. So, my current symptoms now are pain in my left side from my stomach / colon to my shoulder that gets worse at night and better in the morning. Sudden nausea with bouts of gas and constipation, PVC heart palpitations, bloating, losing weight quickly and then gaining it back very quickly, loss of appetite then sudden feelings of starving, & discomfort in my chest with physical activities (like sex - I have not been able to do that in 2 months now for fear of making this worse). My question is: What could be causing this and how do I make it stop? Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated! I am allergic to Morphine and Demerol Surgeries: Gall Bladder removed in June 1997, Endometrial Ablation and Tubal Ligation in July 2010. I have had (3) live births (all full term). My last pregnancy in 2005, I had Pregnancy induced hypertension and was on bed rest for one month. My father had a heart attack in his forties and died from a stroke at age 50 - he was a lifetime smoker and had controlled adult onset diabetes and controlled high blood pressure. My mother is still living - she has controlled high blood pressure and at age 58 had a stint put in her heart with a 99% blockage - she is now on blood thinners and doing well.

i AM 40 YRS OLD AND MY NORMAL BP HAS ALWAYS BEEN 118/73 (TOPS) I HAVE HAD UPPER LEFT QUADRANT PAINS WITH LOOSE STOOLS AND RECTAL BLEEDING AND MY BP HAS INCREASED TO 130/90, DOES THIS REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ATTENTION OR CAN IT WAIT FOR A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TO BE MADE WITH IN 6 MO.? PAIN LEVEL IS BETWEEN 6-8

I am asking this question for my friend. She had chemotherapy two years ago for a very invasive form of breast cancer. For the past six months her incontinence has steadily worsened. She has to change her sheets every night and is exhausted. She is on a fentanyl patch for chronic neuropathic pain as well as anti-depressants. She does not have high blood pressure, but now is experiencing shortness of brearth. She is not satisfied with the care she has been receiving from her physicians and does not know what to do? What would you recommend? Thank you very much.

i am a 250lb, 6'8", 37yr old male with high blood pressure who just had intense sex with my 23yr old girlfriend of 2 years, and after sex i had a little blood coming out the head of my penis. I used the bathroom to "clean the system" and there was blood. Not to mention my right side of my stomach down to my scrotum is hurting bad! there is a buldging vein on my scrotum where the pain is... What should i do???

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...