What should your blood pressure be at the age of 40?

what should your blood pressure be if your a 40 year old women?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Depends on wt and ht and other factors mostly 120 over 70

I ve always had excellent blood pressure, until this week. On Tuesday, I went to a City MD clinic and my blood pressure was high. Today I went back for some things and had them take it again. It was high again -- 140/ 86. I am a 36 year old female. I don t eat meat. I walk between 20 and 40 miles a week, and more than 30 miles most weeks. There is a family history, but no one in my family has had any problems before the age of 50. Why would I have high blood pressure now? Should I make an appointment with a cardiologist?

Hi,my GammaGT was 333 last month and now it is 195.I am a non drinker female aged 46yrs.I have high BP since few yrs.Please suggest what diet and medicine should I take.I am taking Arbitel 40mg for BP.I have mild Osteopenea too.My face is puffy all day and eye lid heavy n don t feel fresh n energetic.Thanks.

I am 74 of age. My Blood Pressure range 160/70 and Heart Rate around 60 despite taking Olmezest CH 4o in Morning and CTD 12.5 in the evening. I am diabetic for last 40 years which is well controlled with the Help of Insulin. I am taking 30 IUL of Lantus in evening and 08 IUL of fast acting Novorapid both before Lunch & Dinner. I do regular exercise and no problem of cardiovascular disease during Exercise but have Chest discomfort when Blood Pressure exceed 160/80. What should I do to bring Blood Pressure in the range of 140/80.

Recent questions on  Hypertension

30 minutes after a run yesterday, that i did not feel was extremely stressful. my heart felt out of rhythm and i was coughing. i felt like the cough was to get it back in rhythm, is it? i am a 50 year old female, have high blood pressure and am about 40 # overweight. i have had a EKG and stress test w/ultra sound and everything is normal.

In a recent medical exam, my BP was 142/92 and my pulse rate was 63. My SpO2 was measured twice (three minutes apart) and went from 96% to 93%. I had no medical history to report to the doctor. I was basically starting fresh with my healthcare. She said my vitals were normal and stable. She said my BP was likely due to my back pain (that led to the visit in the first place). But if my pressure was high, why was my rate low?? And, what is the significance of the drop in SpO2? Thanks.

I have a rash in my groin and my body is always itchy. For about 2 years I had rashes on both my feet. It seems to have cleared now but I still have to apply dipresone everyday. I take medication for high blood pressure - Micardi Plus, Zanidip and Spiractin. Are any of these causing my rash problems?

My husaband is 65 years old nad he told me that last night he experienced a sudden waive of dizziness, enough that he actually fell down. He has high blood pressure and on meds, but never diagnosed with anything else. He is currently working out of town and lives alone. I am very concerned. What could that be?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...