Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

What should to get relief from migraine at full term pregnancy ?

32 wks 4 days pregnant .. Migrain for 5 days & severe sharp pain I m 32 weeks & 4 days pregnant. I ve had a severe migrain since Sunday morning. I went to labor & delievery yesterday and they just gave me 2 vicoden. Which eased some pain but, soon as it all wore off migrain was back. Now my doctor filled a prescription for headaches & neithier this is working. I m dying of this migrain. Well I noticed yesterday also that I have severe pain under both my breast & I can feel the top of my uterus. It s very bad cramping, sharp pains that are becoming unbearable. What do I do, what should I do? I ve drank tons & tons & tons of water still no sign of this stopping. Please help
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

For the Migraine , you need to continue the same tablets.. but you need to be alert, that when you have lower abdominal pain.. since the pain is not reduced ... the Labour pain must be ruled out.. better consult your gynecologist... already 8 months of pregnancy, there are chance of premature delivery.... hope i have answered your question...

Take care..
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic

you need peaceful quiet room

baby to be looked after by others except during breast feeding

uterus will be hard contracted at umbilical level is normal now

it will gradually reduce in size

cramps arw normal

for migrain you can take paracetamo tramadol combination

you can try with paracetamol 750mg
if you have this headache for first time then before lebelling it as migrain it is to be confirmed that there is no organic cause for this pain
bette to consult physician and tests done .ct scan to rule out any internal pathology
blood pressure is not raised ?
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor