Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What should i do if a 87 years old women get a stroke ?

My Grandmother had a stroke 7 days ago and my family refused medical interventin because of the severity and also her being 87 yrs old I just want to know is she suffering and if so for how long??
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  184
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
hi amanda,
welcome to health care magic, you should elaborate details of investigation like reports of CT /MRI etc. explaining the affected area of brain,her medical history ,her present state etc.the outcome of stroke depends on many factors.
you should take medical help.consult a neurologist.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Due to her age and if there is no any active illness than you can manage at your home under physicians guidance..take care about her diet(by ryles tube feeding),care for bed sores,care after passing of urine and stool,simple physiotherapy,.

we can not judge the suffering period without any reports..
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor