What should i do for stomach infection, diarrhea?

Hello Sir, My daughter is five years old. Every monsoon season she suffers from stomach infection resulting in diarrhea and has to be given antibiotics. After the antibiotic course is completed, she suffers from indigestion, has motions after every meal; 4-5 times a day.
Wed, 27 Feb 2019

In monsoon season by outside food intake, diarrhea can be common esp. Rotavirus in child.

For gastric indigestion gelusil like syrup and rabeprazole tablet can be prescribed.

Cooked oatmeal help in soothing stomach.

If diarrhea continues than stool examination needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician