Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What should i do for ear infection from last two year ?

i have ear infection from last two year and i have eaten antiobiotics many time so some time it is okay and sometime again have pus in the ear but now i dont feel pain.and two days ago i travel in the train after that i have tinitus so what i should do now?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Sarwar,

You seem to be having chronic ear infection with a hole in the ear. You need to get your ears checked up and cleaned. Tinnitus is due to stimulation of the nerves inside the ear. Avoid water into the ear, get an ENT opinion as soon as possible.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Tue, 1 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Yatin Sethi's  Response
You have chronic otitis media with a perforation in your ear drum.So whenver water and air enters your ear you tend have infection and pus discharge.With time your hearing will detiorate,so you must see a ENT specialist and get proper treamtent for it.Till then avoid entry of water in your ear during bathing,use of cotton soaked in vaseline would help.
take care,
Dr.Yatin Sethi
Answered: Wed, 2 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor