Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

What should be the result of semen report to become a father ?

Sir; my seminal analysis is as following: Liqueficatior complete:2 hours, volume: 8ml, PH:1.5, viscosity: viscous, colour: normal, sperm count: 70.4million/ml, total count: 105.6million, Pus cells and RBC: 0-1, bacteria: 0, Spermatocy e:0-1/HPF, Fructose:278, Morphology: Normal-35% Pathological: 65%, Motility: (after 30 min, 3Hrs and 6Hrs respectively): Motile-30%,25%,20% Sluggish- 20%,20%,25% Immotile-50%,55%,50%. Activity after 3 Hrs: very active-15% moderate active-35% slow active-50% can I be a father???? is my PH treatable?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcaremagic

The percentage of motility of sperm is less, normal is more than 65%, PH must be alkaline, but your case it is acidic,Normally the pathological % of sperm is less than 5%, but yours is high 35%... you can try for GIFT( gamete invitro fertilization), ZIFT(zygote in vitro fertilization), by above methods your own sperm will be used to fertilize the ovum your wife, once the zygote is formed , it will be transferred to the Uterus of your wife...
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Hi Faris
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
According to this report you have acidic semen and low motility of sperms. Low motility of sperms could be due to acidic semen as well as varicocele. Normal PH of semen is 7.3-8 ( alkaline). Acidity of semen sample may indicate infections of accessory sex glands or absence of seminal vesicular secretions ( seminal vesicle is the organ which contributes to the alkalinity of semen). Giving sample just after urination will not cause acidic semen. You can get semen culture and sensitivity done and if underlying cause is infection then it can be treated with antibiotics. Consult an urologist for further management. You may also require treatment for hydrocele and varicocele if it is significant. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor