What should be the reason for fast beating of heart?

I can feel it beat faster than normal and can feel it move, and its a very uncomfortable feeling , first i thought it might not be anything serious because it happened only once or twice a week but now it happenes every few minutes say every 30 minutes and also i can feel a little pain in my chest...Last night i suddenly woke up in the middle of the night because i could feel my heart beating faster than ever and i felt it against my chest , felt like someones beating from inside my chest, and i was sweating like hell it was so unusual. what can it be, something dangerous ??? No im pretty sure that it wasn t because of a bad dream or something and it wasn t that normal thump thumping, my left arm z hurtin aswell. bdw im still 20 .
Tue, 24 Aug 2010
's  Response
OMG!!! I have the same thing, it started one night out of the blue and it was really a beatin, I went to the doctor and got a chest exray, blood work and the moniter witch counts the beats and the breathing untill it slowed down... Then like a month after that the doc looked at my heart with an ultra sound and said my heart looked beutifull... WTF!!!??? My mom sayes Im stressed but the fact of the matter is I have nothing to be stressed about... My neighbor is an EMS lady and she sayed sometimes if you see or hear or even think of something crazy or out of the normall world, your body can freak out like three days to a week after what ever you experianced... I know it sounds like jibberish, but thats all I really know... Its not a daily thing but it happens every now and then, like after I eat or after doing something active, Im also a rabbit food eater so I eat good, Ive smoked two to five cigaretts in my hole life... Ive drank like three times... Like gottin drunk or tipsy three times... And never done elligal drugs... Anyone got any ideas, email me at (Sticks_an_Grits@yahoo.com)... Again this is pain in my chest area, sometimes right sometimes left... :(
nick's  Response

dude check this out. google Hypokalemia. Its a potassium deficiency. Go to the store and get a multivitamin, some potassium gluconate pills and some bayer. I had all your symptoms and I was back to normal in 2 days. also drink orange juice and eat some bananas. good luck

sam's  Response
What you are describing may be anything from simple anxiety to benign ectopisc to shortrhythmm issues. Your GP can arrange a simple and reassuring 24 hour ECG to sort it out.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

i feel the same thing as you but i can feel the heartbeat on my neck and stomach too but i have anxiety problems..

i hink thats what it might be.. i get chestv pain 2 i been to many doctors and everything is ok just dont worry about its like you said it use to hapen once a week now is happening more often cuz u constanly thinking and worry about it..just relax..:)

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

hi im 17 yeaRS i feel my heart race and i can see it trou my chest and neck and upperstomach..its very scary i dont know why is this happenig i was put under general anesthesia 3 months ago and i had a panic attack waking up of the anesthesia since then my life have been a torture please tell me what you think this is?i get butterflies in my upperstomach too like if something moves there..i use to feel adrenaline with the butterflies feeling as well but not anymore