Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

What should be the proper diet for abnormal child?

hello, my brother 13 years old, abnormal by birth, he is just like a baby like 5 to 6 years old (height wise), can t speak, can t move, can t sit etc but can hear (i guess, because he gives response while talking to him)... these days, problem is his eating habit. he does not eat well n we guess he may has digestion problem after-wards. usually he eats crushed bread (roti or chapati) with mixing of any gravy. can u plz suggest something for him which could be new for him n healthy as well. thanx
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
instead of chhapati you can give him chapati made from cereal like bajri or can also give him various soups made from different vegetables,
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
What kind of digestive problem does he have? Is he unable to eat? or has he not developed the taste or habit of eating other things?

If he is not able to digest solid food. You may give him roti (wheat, bajra, makka, soya or multigrain) , mashed with dal & soft cooked vegetable like boiled alu, gilki , lauki , carrots. Other veggies can be added to dal also, will get boiled with dal and hence edible by him.

Soft cooked rice along of green veggies are quiet nourishing.

Fruits can be given in the form of milk shakes or blended as a whole (without straining).

Milk, cheese, panner, curd in good amounts. Low fat milk & milk products can be give , if he is unable to digest them.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor