Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What should be the perfect blood pressure during pregnancy ?

Dear sir/mam, i m at 37 weeks of pregnancy and my blood pressure is 130/80 and doc said control on it kindly tell me why my b.p go high and tell me how to control it , and is it effect my pregnancy any how.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Dec 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Normal blood pressure should be 120/80 mm of hg. If it increases above 140/90 then that could be taken as hypertension in pregnancy.
To control blood pressure you can take measures like taking salt restricted diet, taking sufficient rest preferably in left lateral position.
High blood pressure can hamper the blood supply to the uterus, there by the nutrient supply to the baby will decrease, that can result in intrauterine growth retardation of the baby.
It can also affect the health of the mother adversely.

Take care.

Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor