What should be the normal level of calcium in blood?

I just got a call saying that my blood tests came back indication that my CALCIUM is too high. No specifics were given since the call was to tell me to make an appointment to discuss this. Can you tell me the RANGE it should be and what effects of TOO HIGH CALCIUM are? I m 73. I never got a blood test report before stating that CALCIUM IS TOO
Fri, 16 May 2014
Oncologist 's  Response
Normal level of calcium in blood range from 8.5 to 10.2 mg/dL.
Too high blood calcium causes constipation, abdominal pain ,decreased appetite, peptic ulcer disease, kidney stones, flank pain, frequent confusion dementia, memory loss ,depression, bone aches, fractures, curving of spine and loss of height.
In severe cases, the elevated calcium levels can cause abnormal heart rhythms with specific findings on electrocardiogram (EKG).
DR DE