Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

What should be the idle weight for a 9 month old baby who is a fussy eater ?

Hi, My name is Adeniyi from Nigeria. My baby is 9 months old. He weighs 7Kg presently, this is a concern to me because i think he should be around 9Kg now. More so, he finds eating difficult. He succeeded in eating this morning after forcing him but unfortunately he vomited every after about 5mins. What can i do?
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.An average child weighs around 10kg at one year.I think weight is fine.Feeding the baby is always tricky and challenging.Try to give more of home based food and add variety to it.Make him by your side when you are eating,this imparts discipline and will make him eat.Try to start one thing at a time,build the volume and then add a new thing after couple of days.You can give him fruit juices,rice,dal not give milk or feeding at least one hour before
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor