Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

What should be the dosage for montek LC tablets prescribed for nasal problem ?

What is montek LC tablets for my husband has a nasal problem and the doctor prescribed that but i don t know how he needs to take this medicine
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  3489
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi pka0006,
Montek LC ( Montelukast) is a medicine , we give for the patient of running nose, sneezing due to allergies, and also for maintenance phase of Asthma and Atopic Dermatitis. This medicine works by different mechanism then steroid, so it can be given along with Steroid tablets, and inhalers .
Your husband can take it once in a day at night, after meals, and may be given up to 6months on Doctor's advise.
Generally it is safe, except that few patients may have GIT side effects, drowsiness, and rarely psychiatric symptoms, and bleeding disorders.
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor