What should be taken for fever, loose motions and vomiting by a child?

my 6 year old son is getting fever , along with vomiting and loose motions, the motions are also having a foul smell, which antibiotic to give, local doctor suggest viral , but his motions with foul smell indicates infection , which antibiotic to give and the dosage
Mon, 6 Jul 2015
I gone through your question
your 6 year old son is having fever , vomiting and loose motions.
most common cause is viral infection which body heals it self in about 3 to 5 days. foul smell diarrhea not indicate that is need antibiotic therapy. you give Oral re hydration solution to replace water loss in loose motion and vomiting . give medicine for fever like paracetamol ( after feed, not empty stomach) and give medicine to control vomiting like domperidome (empty stomach). Doctor generally try to avoid overuse of antibiotics. as it reduce effectiveness of antibiotics .
thanks, have a healthy family