What should be done to manage the side effects of Azithromycin?

Hi, I am Rifat from Bangladesh. Recently i had suffered from indigestion & stomach pain issue and visited a medicine specialist. He has prescribed me with Azithromycin 500mg (1+0+1) 7 days dose. now my problem has subside its been 04 days i am taking this drug. but when i take it i feel weakness, Headaches etc. what should i do now.
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

The symptoms are probably related to side effects of Azithromycin.

I suggest to use a gastro protector such as Omperazole 20 mg in the morning before breakfast.

I also suggest to eat a healthy diet and drink liquids.

I recommend to take a vitamin supplement, vitamin B12 to help with the weakness.

In case of headache you can use Tylenol for relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician