Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What should be done to increase sperm count?

I have a baby kid(girl) and now we want to make plan for 2nd baby but we need a boy. So I have done my test for sperm count as per doctor advise. in semen test report shows No sperm count Kindly advise now what i have to do for increase the good an healthy sperm . if there are medicines please advise. which result should be a next baby (boy). also advise for a cd from which we can check our diet along with sex position during intercourse.
Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
hi there
am dr.surendiran
nice to meet you in hcmagic
the following will guide you dhiglobal.
Quit smoking and alcohol. Smoking impairs sperm count and motility, reduces sperm lifespan and may also cause genetic changes that affect the offspring. Similarly, alcohol lowers the production of sperm and of the male hormone testosterone.
Exercise regularly but the intensity and duration should be moderate and under supervision, if possible. Excessive physical exercise has a negative influence on fertility. Lose excess weight, as it tends to cause testosterone/estrogen imbalances.

Eat nutritious food, which is low in fat and high in protein, vegetables and whole grains. Reduce caffeine intake.

Avoid excessive usage of lubricants and vaginal tablets, they can also cause sperm death.

Do not store your cellphone in the trouser pocket, or place your laptop on your lap. Protect testicles from too much heat.
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Urologist Dr. G.Srinivasan's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
There is no proven best position for child birth. Normal and natural sex with involvement is good enough.
If there is no sperm, it called AZOOSPERMIA. You need urological evaluation that includes testis size, varicocele etc.
A repeat analysis is needed to check if the first value was true.
A hormonal analysis is necessary to check sex hormone function.
Pls get evaluated on these lines and wish you best luck.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, first of all, you should understand one thing clearly, that no doctor can give you guarantee that you will have only a baby boy. It would be a crime to detect prenatal sex. So. do not try it.

Secondly, you have a baby girl. That indicates that at that time you had no problem regarding sperm count or morphology.

But, now, your semen shows no sperm. So, you have to be investigated very meticulously.

So, consult with an infertility specialist for further management.

I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dr. subhash ponkiya's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum,
Homeopathy is very much effective in cases of sperm abnormalities.
Take homeopathic treatment from good homeopath. Homeopathic treatment is natural and has no side effect.
For more inquiry you may contact on “”
Have a good health
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Good morning doctor, i have problems in fertility due to less sperm count. We have done IVF treatment once but not successful. Is there any...

Recent questions on  Infertility

doctor1 MD

Hi We are married for 5 years and facing the infertility problem. We have met doctor and doctor suggested my wife with Reprogon 150 IU injection in...

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir, its regarding male infertility, we have been trying for a baby since 2007, after three years of trying we both did a detailed check up...

doctor1 MD

hi, I want to know the side effects of AKT 4 tablet. Two for the past one week i have foot pain and sweeling also and my doctor advised me to take...

doctor1 MD

I am on Lisinopril. I was just wondering if it can cause infertility. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for six months now and still...

doctor1 MD

I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days. And have to take painkillers.Its very...

doctor1 MD

My daughter, 30, no children has always had severe cramps and periods. Now, every two or three months, she almost passes out with pain, sweats...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen...