Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What should be done to get the BP to normal ?

last night my mom s blood pressure reading was 230/90. she was taken to the hospital and i can t reach her. should i be worried? she is 69 years old, 5 5 tall and in general good health. i don t know her history with high blood pressure.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Good Day
High blood pressure needs to be controlled by medication everyday. She must have omitted taking her medication which could be a cause. Also she needs to be evaluated for high blood sugar as well. High BP can cause serious problems if not tackled appropriately like strokes, heart attack, kidney failure. Kindly consult her Doctor and get her on a good treatment regime. She needs to avoid added salt in her diet and limit excessive water intake as well. Get her blood lipids tested as well to know her cardiovascular risk.
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor