Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

149 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What should be done to decrease the size of the fibroid that I am having ?

i have hypoechoic lesion of 4 and largest size measured is 3*3.5 cm.The ultra sound scan shows this result. From 3 months bleeding during periods is more but no pain is what can i do to reduce the fibroid size.I am 39 yrs old wt is 55kg,height is 150cm
Fri, 6 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
hello bindhu,
small size fibroids can be treated by medical mangement.GnRH agonists are helpful in this. if size increases and symptoms persist then surgical option is taken which is called myomectemy. so consult a gynecologist and follow her advice. take care
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
The size of the fibroid is small.There neednt be any surgery done unless indicated.
Medical management should suffice.Of course,the size is dependant on estrogen secretion and usually spontanously decreases with menopause.But myomectomy is a surgeical option if you want it.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....