Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What should be done to cure haemorroids ?

Hello, I live in China and last Saturday my Chinese roommate went to the doctor because of some pain . She was diagnosed with inner and outer hemorrhoids . She s only 28 and very healthy. She was sent to a specialist here and they persuaded her to have a PPH. She went back the next day and found that it was a corrupt hospital. It s been 1 week now and she s still in alot of pain. She s been given medicine by another hospital, but is wondering if there was anything she could do to help and if the pain should be lasting this long. She d also like to know what would help ease some of the pain and what she could do to keep from having this problem again.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,
The main problem with hemorrhoids is constipation and constipation further worsens hemorrhoids. Hence , it is a vicious cycle. The most important thing is to keep the stools soft. This can be achieved by having ISABGOL(psyllium husk-laxative) ,dilute 1 tablespoon of isabgol in a glass of clean drinking water and drink immediately once daily at night. Have plenty of fresh fruits like banana and vegetables. Have Oats as a porridge everyday. Soak a handful of raisins in a glass of clean drinking water and leave it overnight. In the morning ,drink the raisin soaked water and eat the raisins. Avoid non-veg like fish, eggs and chicken for the time being.Have a good fibre diet.Any good fibre diet is not good unless you drink plenty of water to encourage good bowel movements. So make sure your friend drinks plenty of water. Exercise 5 days a week if possible.
Actually a GASTROENEROLOGIST or surgeon will be better able to visualise the hemorrhoids with a proctoscope and advise whether surgery is really required or not, according to the grade and severity of hemorrhoids.If it is a minor degree, then just supportive measures like good diet like I mentioned above, Isabgol and plenty of water should be enough. For pain relief she can try Himalaya's PILEX ointment for local application.
Hope your friend feels better soon . Have a nice day :)
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor