Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

What should be done in schamberg disease ?

i have a disease named schumberg, in which below knees and specially on foot.. i have red brown spots juss like pepper scattered. Can you please suggest what should be done?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  388
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,
Scambergs ds is a benign condition where you get reddish to black pepper like spots around the ankles.It is because of breakage of very fine blood capillaries ... usually seen in those who are heavy wt or lift heavy wts..or even those who play football...or who usually have to stand for long hours in their work place.You can apply tretinoin cream (0.05%) locally on the spot ..use two pillows under the leg while sleeping...this would prevent any further development of varicose vein ,where one gets swelling of veins of calf muscles.Try to avoid standing for long duration.
take care,
Answered: Sun, 27 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor