Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What should be done for small holes on my face because of pimples ?

please doctor i have a small holes on my face due to pimples please help me to cure it i am 19 year of age.i am a boy
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  343
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
If you have pimples, it will be helpful to contact the Dermatologist as you may be recommended to use Retinoids which is an excellent drug. If the 'holes' are scars it may require laser and other modules of plastic surgery/cosmetology treatment which is best if you understand the pros and cons from a Cosmetologist at a Hospital.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,
Kelvin,if you have very small pores ,which we in medical terms call as ice pick scars ,the the best thing would be an IPL(Intense pulse light).This helps in constricting the pores.
The second thing (if not IPL) which you can opt for is fractional lasers.
If you have big size pitted scars ,then IPL wont work ,and fractional laser would be better.

But if you are getting pimples also ,then first treat your pimples and then go for pores.

Hope this helps you deciding a treatment .

Dr.Bharat Chawda
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor