What should be done for pus cells in urine ?

pus cells in the urine over 100/hpf, should i be s cared??
Tue, 10 May 2011
hello,
its uti. consult a physician for it. take a lot of water.antibiotics needed for it.take them under the guidance of doctor.take care.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi
u have severe infection.
u need to consult doctor as early as possible.
it may be urinary tract infection not in kidney
drink more water
u need to take antibiotic tab and some other medicine
dont waste ur time,go to doctor.
its not emergency but we must not delay

hi.... my daughter is 8 n half months old...for the past 15 days she is having problems in passing urine...i guess its paining becoz of which she is crying....we have done a R/E and M/E of urine in which pus cell cont is 4-6 /hpf , epithilial cell cont is 3-4/hpf and albumin is found in trace...is it normal? what should be the pus cell and epithilial cell count??

My mother is 80+. She started urinating with blood today. She has burning sensation and pain . Routine examination of Urine shows pus cells between 2.5 to 3.50%. Should we consult a Urologist? What will be the cause? Urine culture result will be ready only after 3 days.

Hi I got my urine test done in which 18-20 pus cell came in report. Then my doctor suggested to go for urine culture and result came as no bacteria found. As in negitive result. What should I do further? My doctor has given medicine zoxan, zifi,vizalayc, AF150. Please suggest

Recent questions on  Urinary tract infection

hi my daughter is 10 years old.she has urine infection since last two weeks .she feels burning while passing urine with blood.she also had puss cells 20-30.she had urine infection two months ago also.after recovery again same problem.what to do?now she is having chest pain.

Hi Doctor, My 14 month old daughter is diagnosed with Urinary tract infection.The infection has reached to a critical stage by the time we came to know about it WBC 100, RBC =5-7 with bacteria E.Coli.Then she was admitted and was given IV for three days. After 3 days she was put on an oral anitbiotic Orfloxin Since the infection was under control i.e. WBC = 20-25 but she didnt respond well to that anti. and within a week the WBC again went to around 50. She was then given Amicacyn injections for seven days. With these injections WBC count has come to normal but showd an increasing trend i.e. from 3-5 to 5-7 in last day of injection. So she has been put on Amoxylin. We consulted on more doctor and he prescribed Taxim for her. So I just want to know which to follow and is this an indication towards VUR or just that infection is chronic and hence taking a long time to vanish? Please help

my crp is 28.46 mg/L. ESR is 50mm/hr. urine test result: WBC/hpf:25-30, RBC/HPf: 3-4, Epithelial cells: 6-8. the increase in crp is it because of urinary infection . one and half years ago i had infective colitis and then my crp wasraised to 113. and it was treated fully. now because of the increase in crp whether i have to go for endoscopy

Hi! My son has problems pooping, he is very constipated. We have given him enimas, laxatives,prun juice, anything fibre and nothings working. He gets really bad abdominal pain and an upset stomach and the dr s here don t seem to be doing anything can you give an idea on what to do? \I have a daughter that has urinary tract infections all the time. She has had fevers for the last week,and she has lower abdominal pain and back pain. She has also been complaining of headaches and her shoulder joints and her knees are sore. She looks sick in the eyes, her eye lids are a little red and swollen. Her eyes were red as well and I think there is something wrong with her but I get the same run around from the dr s. Our family dr said she had pinworms which she did not. What should I do with her and what would you recommend is wrong with her and what should I do?

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had to have a complete hysterectomy 36 years ago in which they removed my uterus, 1 ovary and cervix. ....

I had sex last night. Can feel a urinary tract infection coming on. I have alprim antibiotics , if I take them today will This affect my pill

I’m a male 76 years of age and have had some pain in the pubic area when I urinate - I have had to yhrinate very frequently as well for the past three days -this morning I urinated blood (first time ever) - since my first episode of urinating...