Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What should be done for my son to calm down and sleep well ?

2 and a half year old hitting himself when angry and while he sleeps Hi my son will be turning 3 in august! He is a lovely little boy very bright but his speech is not as good as it should be (not concerned) but when he does not get his own way or he does not agree with something he throws a huff and hits himself in the face . Now he has not slept well for a long time constantly wakes up screaming and hitting out! The doc gave him something to help him sleep but he still hits himself really hard in his sleep! Im really worried about him as its horrible to see! The hitting is so loud it wakes me and his father up! Please can you shed some light on the situation! Thanks mummy x
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello and welcome to healthcare magic.
it is a sign of temper tantrums, get your child evaluated by a child psychologist if symptoms are getting worse.
take care.
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor