Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What should I take in high BP?

If my blood pressure is high what should I take?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
STOP eating and drinking things with caffine (it is an upper) smoking (again it is an upper) both of these things constrict your blood vessels which in turn raise your bp. eating saturated fats (anything -fat- that is solid at room temp, clogs arteries) START reducing alcohol to no more than 1 ounce of ethanol per day (24 ounces of beer, 10 ounces of wine or 2 ounces of whiskey, women and lighter people-even less than that. But make your wines RED if you do drink eating more fruits and veggies, drink about 2000-2500 ml (2 to 2 1/2 quarts) of water a day eat a bowl of oatmeal daily (lipids will stick to the oatmeal and you'll expel them with bowel movements) regular exercise (walk about an hour a day) lower your sodium to about 500mg for the entire day-avoid processed foods- herbal supplements such as garlic and hawthorn STRESS REDUCTION see your doctor about putting you on an ACE inhibitor, diuretic, beta-adrenergic blockers or a centally acting sympatholytic, vasodilator, alpha adrenergic blocker or calcium channel blocker all of which depend on what the actual cause of your Hypertension depending upon your doctor.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor