What should I expect having an ECG done?

I am off to the doctors for an ECG and was wondering what I should expect from it. Will it hurt? Will I have to be topless for it? I'm female. Thanks
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
It won't hurt at all. You have to take your top off but you can keep your bra on, however it it's easier and more accurate if you do remove your bra because the bra can interfere with the placement of the electrodes. 12 self adhesive electrode pads will be attached to the skin on various locations of your chest, arms and legs. The patches are connected by wires to the electrocardiograph machine.The test is completely painless and takes less than a minute to perform once the leads are in position. You just have to sit still whilst it's being done.