Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What should I do to gain weight and for irregular periods ?

I am 20 yrs old female with 41kg weight and 163cms. I appear to be thin and weak, but take the same food as my younger sister who is healthy with normal weight. My mother provides me with all the nutritious food, seasonal fruits and vegetables. But still I am not able to gain enough weight. I am a good student, and my parents are worried that this will effect my studies. I also have irregular periods. I have consulted a number of general physicians, who suggested me a liver checkup which came out to be normal. Every time I visit them, they prescribe me with some vitamin tablets and stuff, which don t seem to show any effect on me.Totally, am depressed about this and not able to concentrate. Please help me with an effective solution for my problem.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Try including dry fruits, curds,cheese in your diet.It is not necessary a person has to obese to hit the gym , it applies to people who are thin also.Enroll in a gym which has a good trainer and need to start doing weight training exercises which will help increase your BMR, & apetite.Cardiovascular exercises can be avoided except for the initial warmup.Irreguler periods could be due to the hormonal imbalance caused by being underweight.Hope this helps.
Answered: Sat, 23 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor