Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What should I do to cure anal fissures ?

I am 24 years old and for the past 4 weeks I am feeling pain while passing stools and burning sensation after passing the stools. I am not sure whether it is anal fissure or piles . what should I do to cure it. do I need to visit a DOCTOR or there is any home remedy for it? whether homeopathy is good or allopathic ?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  418
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
You need to see a surgeon, who will have to examine you and determine whether it is anal fissure or piles.
If it is anal fissure it needs treatment. If it is mild piles then medicines and local application of ointment can be tried.
What is more important is that the stools should not be hard. For this drink plenty of water, eat vegetables and fruits, to loosen the stools.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Kiran Kumar's  Response

Its likely to be a Fissure

Take some laxative for few days and it will be fine
Drink plenty of water
Take fruits and vegetables

Syp lactulose 30 ml at night for 5 days.]

Once the stool becomes soft, your pain will subside and fissure will heal.

However, if it persists, consult a surgeon

Dr Kiran
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor