Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What should I do to control my breath which smells like blood and leaking wisdom tooth ?

my breath smells like blood one of my wisdom tooth broke so Its leaking, Ive been having this bad breath smell for years though. and I cannot afford a dentist nor have medicare . how can I fix it?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Answers:  5 Views:  1084
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist, Endodontics 's  Response

since you have a broken tooth and that too foul smelling that means its already infected and this could be dangerous as you are avoiding this for the right treatment for this can be two depending on the amount of tooth structure present...firstly one can try for a RCT if considerable tooth structure is present... but if not then extraction is the final option available that too under proper antibiotic cover so as to avoid spreading of infection...
no other treatment would help...and please get an xray done before opting for any teatment measure...
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. M Hasan's  Response
the condition is such that you have to have visit a dentist, there are 2-3 type of treatments available for this type or problems...
1st- RCT....when tooth is in such condition that if it can be saved..than this one is the best...but the dentist will decide that if this can be saved by examing your IOPA X-ray
2nd -option is Apicectomy with endo-dontic Treatment(RCT)...
3RD- Extraction...this is the final treatment if anything chould not possible...and it is not expensive also...
but you will need to replace the tooth with removal/fixed/implant one...after few month when wound healed completely...
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Vishal Jain's  Response


If you have a problem of broken tooth, you have to visit to your dentist for proper diagnosis and treatment of that tooth.

He will do Root canal treatment if possible otherwise extraction is the alternative.
Use mouth wash regularly and brush twice a day.


Dr. Vishal Jain, Vitaldent, faridabad.
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Aravinda Jawali's  Response
Hello ane welcome to HCM:
You have broken wisdom tooth and
Getting started on a prescription antibiotic is always the first task once an abscess begins. . Starting the prescription as quickly as you can is a great idea, but you need to take Tylenol for pain control as well.

Using an ice pack will help minimize the pain associated with an abscessed tooth, and you will need to keep it on your cheek for only about two minutes at a time. The abscess will fill with pus and blood, and then pain will disappear, and by rinsing your mouth often with warm salt water or antiseptic mouthwash will help speed the process along.

Continue with the rinses, the abscess if needed. The dentist will also make an appointment to remove the tooth. and following his advice is essential to keep the abscess and pain to a tolerable point.
You need to rinse your mouth with mouthwash. Try clove oil application.
Ty also garlic caps with ginger and capsules which will boos your immunity.
If you get a chance with a free hospital with a dentist , get treated further.

Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear xrg, go to a Govt. hospital or some charitable hospital and get your fractured tooth extracted / treated. You can also visit some clinic offering free dental check-up. There you get your free clinical examination done, plus such clinics offer treatments at attractive rates. I am not joking. Its a serious advice I have given you looking at your financial condition. Visit today and end all your years long miseries.
Answered: Thu, 12 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor