Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What should I do for squint correction ?

I met an accident when I was two and undergone cataract surgery . Now i gotta squint. my left vision is very unclear and I consulted doctors for squint correction. They suggested that the surgery will not be fruitful for this low vision eye. I used patching for 6 years and contact lenses too. but found no improvement. Now I am 18 what should I do to correct my squint?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response

if you are having low vision in operated eye and even after use of contact lens and patching its not improving so at his age of 18 the vision will be same it will not improve much. For squint part definitely we can do squint surgery for cosmetic purpose this correction will last for 4-5 years or longer and after sometime there is again chance of squint.

but for atleast 5-6 years you can have sqiunt free/less time

Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
your squint can be corrected by surgery but the improvement will be for about 10 years.As the vision in that eye is poor ,it the vision that controls the alignment.having surgery at this stage means that you are cosmatically presentable till 30.
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor