Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What should I do as a mother of two to overcome current feeling and repetition of my childhood past of mental and sexual abuse ?

i am a mom of two with a past childhood of mental and sexual abuse ... recently i have become very violent, bad tempered, and everything frustrates me. i have crazy mood swings that are constantly occurring. at times i have flash backs and nightmares of the men in my life who have abused me mentally, physically and sexually... and its harder because all these men seem to be related to me. when i am alone i tend to replay my childhood. i dont know what to do i dont want this to affect my kids, and i dont want to become abusive towards them i already tend to flip out constantly towards them over little things. the other day i hit my husband which i have never done before. im scared that with time this will all become worse...what cld this be called and what should i do?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response

Welcome to is indeed very heartening that you had to go through such an agony early on in life.Possibly all that is ruminating back into your memories Please see a Psychiatrist as early as possible who will assess your condition and decide whether you need medication or behavioural therapy as he alone is best suited to decide.take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!!
Very sorry to hear about your past but it is better you try and let go all that for the sake of your family and children and enjoy the happy life that you are having right now.It is best you consult a psychiatrist immediately and start diverting your mind away from your past.
take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
You are suffering from Bipolar Disorder which is a Psychiatric condition. If not treated at the earliest it will ruin your family. Get a Psychiatric help. Visit a Psychiatrist and address your problem to him. Yo need medications and counseling. Quit drinking or using illicit drugs if you do, stay away from unhealthy relationships. Moderate, regular exercise can help steady your mood. Working out releases brain chemicals that make you feel good (endorphins). Get plenty of sleep, if you have insomnia, speak to your Doctor.
Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor