Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What should I apply to heal my irritated skin ?

My skin in my pubic region has always been slightly sensitive. Like if I wipe myself to hard after usin the bathroom the skin becomes very raw but last wk, I had sex and i guess the friction irritated the skin yet again. Normally in a few days (2 at the most) it heals up, but this time it s in b/w my crack and the skin appears to be gone. It s a lot lighter than my normal complexion and stings really bad. There aren t any bumps or blisters so i wasn t concerned about it being an STD but rather just figured it was just intense chafing due to friction. So I ve been washin the region wit antibacterial soap and switching b/w neosporin and a&d ointment for treatment. It seems to be slowly gettin better but is still very sore to touch and now that 8days have gone pass im starting to become more alarmed. Anyone with any type of advice please help.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query.
Due to irritation that part became sore and some infection took place,
Go for antibiotic course orally,apply antibiotic cream locally.
ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Neetika Soni's  Response
welcome to health care magic,
as your skin is sensitive so your problem is due to that but even then you should not ignore that as any raw area can develop infection and neosporin alone does not you should consult a dermatologist for the present problem and any care for the future as well.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response
Thanx so much for your quick responses. Do you think it's safe to assume it's still not an STD because I am in college and although I have only one sexual partner I know my partner hasn't been so fastidious with who he goes that far with. I don't have health insurance and will prolly be making a trip to the er after my finals today. Do you think base on the condition I need to go to the clinic as well. I go every six months and it's only been about two since my last visit but I've never endure so much pain in this region and at this point just want to get to the root of it and fix it.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor