Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What over the counter products are recommended for mild to moderate acne control?

im a 24 year old male, and have been of the acne medication for Monocycline for over a year now. my acne is not as bad as it use to be and many peopel recommend using products containing syscilic acid to control it. what exactly is this acid and what over the counter products is recommended for mild to moderate acne control?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.

Acne is a hormonal disorder.
It is common and treatable.

You can take oral medications like minocycline.
Also you can apply benzoyl peroxide cream overnight.
Keep the area clean and dry. You can use medicated face wash like SLC face wash.
It contains salycylic acid.
It better to visit a dermatologist before taking these medication.

I encourage you to visit a qualified dermatologist for proper advise and treatment.

Hope this helps.


STD & leprosy
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor