Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

What other options are there other than Reglan and Nexium for me for intestinal metaplasia ?

I just had an endoscopy for Barretts Esophogus and the biopsy diagnosis was intestinal metaplasia. No displasia or malignancy . I have been taking Reglan and Nexium for the past 5 years. What other options are out there for me? Also the test for Helicobacter was negative. Grade 1 Esophogitis and a short section of Barretts was found in the endoscopy.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
In my opinion you should swithc Tab.Reglan(Metoclopramide) by Tab. Domstal(Domperidone). But before doing this consult your treating doctor.
Metaplasia is reversible and youe need not to worry about it.
According to this history it seems that you might have regurgitation also as suggested by esophagitis.
Apart from medicines you can do the following things to control the symptoms:
1) No chillies and fries. Eat simple healthy food that includes whole grain, salads and avoid fast food, soft drinks,too much of caffeine in the form of tea and coffee.
2) Eat at regular and fixed time. Eat frequently in small quantity.
3) Regular exercise.
4) No hurries and worries. Combat stress- most important. Practice yoga for this.
Answered: Sun, 18 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor