Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

What needs to be done if TMT is positive in diabetics ?

hi my dad who is 58 years of age and is a diabetic as well. because of sensation in heart , doctor suggested him for ECG when ECG is done it says abnormal. then again he asked for TMT, when its done...TMT report says positive. again the doctor asked for 2D ECHO, it came as normal. so my question is what if TMT is positive, what is the next step. who is the best doctor for this?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic. A cardiologist is the best to help your dad & if he advices for other tests it is for the correct diagnosis of your dad. TMT may be positive because of exhertion but if Eco cardiography is normal that says that your dad has no heart problem of major type otherwise doctor would have advised for cardiac angiography. So relax and keep the decission on treating cardiologist. I hope this helps you.
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor