Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What medicines should a diabetic who has undergone open heart surgery take for wheezing ?

hello sir/madam, my dad is suffereing from wheezing .he is a diabetic patients and he hsa done open heart surgy on march he is taking medicine for his disease .my dad body weight is 75kg and his age is dad taking deriphyline retard-150 for wheezing..and he has also cough please give advise about my dad health..
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hi Bala,

Your dad is suffering from multiple problems of wheezing, diabetes, has had an open heart surgery recently. These indicate that his health is not in a very good condition.

He should continue on Deriphyllin retard for his wheezing problem. Your dad definitely needs a major lifestyle modification done. He needs to get more active physically, do regular walking and exercises. He should watch his diet; reduce on high fat food intake.

He must be in constant touch with his primary care physician.

Hope this helps.

Wishing your dad a healthy life.
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Deriphyllin retard-150 as your dad is if it is prescribed by your doctor it is fine to take it.
In case he is not getting relief I would suggest you to consult a doctor and get a proper dose prescribed.
Also discuss with your treating doctor benefit of using medicine in form of inhalers as there is direct delivery of drug to the lungs.
Hope this answer is helpful to you.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Answered: Wed, 4 Apr 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor