Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What medicines should I take for pcod,ovulation and pregnancy and what are the best possible days to conceive ?

pcod , overweight , irregular period duphaston taken for 15 days daily 1 tablet period come on after16 day i.e 11 july my periods were totally upset now. doctor gave atropine and voveran injection my thyriods were normal. she tested hpe and pcr ,tvs . 1 ut a/v -64x32 2 et------6mm 3lt overy cyst--37x31. no med were given for regulising my periods and for proper ovulation . pls suggest when we intercourse ? is this med suffeicent for my pcod+in ovulation+preg?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  310
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Welcome to HealthCareMagic

The size of the uterus, ovary, and edometrial thickness is within the normal range... The ovulation normally occurs at 14th day of normal menstrual cycle.. since today is first day, 12 to 16 days from today is good for coitus.... yes, this above medication is sufficiant....Hope i have answered your question..

Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is multifactorial hormonal disorder which leads to either absence or infrequent ovulation and the result is delayed periods and infertility. You need to be evaluated thoroughly by clinical examination,ultrasound and hormonal investigations including FSH,LH,Estrogen,testosterone,DHEAS,prolactin,thyroid hormone and blood sugar. You have not mentioned about size, volume and follicles present in ovaries. Also you are having cysts in ovary which requires treatment with oral contraceptives for 2-3 months .This treatment will treat the cyst n make your cycles regular. Once cyst disappears you can b put on ovulation induction drugs like clomiphene or letrozole which will make you ovulate. During treatment with ovulation induction drugs you require to undergo follicular monitoring by ultrasound to know the growth of follicles and to document ovulation. Once ovulation is confirmed you can try naturally or by intrauterine insemination. Age is important factor too. Consult with an infertility specialist and go ahead with the treatment. All the best.
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

now doctor give me ovanac-plus+met formin+jp tonic.

[n-acetylcysteine,inositol,chromium tablets].

pls tell this med is for what ?

since i have cyst 37x31mm inLTovery.
i want preg .is ovulation happen my periods were not regular.
these med could help in ovulation?
secondly it could cure my cysts also?
answer soon
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
I dnt know what is ovamac plus. Metformin is given in PCOD patients to correct intrinsic disorder. JP must be some iron tonic. [n-acetylcysteine,inositol,chromium tablets] are food supplements and acts as antioxidants. I personally feel this treatment is not enough for you to ovulate. May be your doctor want the underlying disorder to get corrected and then he/she may try with ovulation induction drugs. Discuss with your doctor about your problem and priorities. As i told you 2-3 months of oral contraceptives will regularize your periods and ovarian cyst will also disappear. After 2-3 months you can plan for pregnancy. Your doctor knows your condition and requirements well so he/she ll be in better position to take decision for u. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor