Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

165 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What medicines other than ciproflox should I take for burning micturition ?

i m having burning micturition on and of and is very severe now ,i mdrinker, smoker,married man37yrs old.i got a urine culture done with staph epidermidis isolated.taking ciproflox but not relieved. what should i do now?
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
take neem water twice daily
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
First go for culture and sensitivity test of urine. Then use appropiate antibiotic medicine. UTI can be cure by taking alkaki and diuretic. Drink more water. Avoid alcohol. In homoempathy use Cantharis Q, 10 drops 3 times daily.
Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
Repeated UTI requires thorough investigations.
Rule out possibilities of diabetes and any other malformation or obvious cause in urinary tract.
Go for urine culture and sensitivity test.
Accordingly take antibiotic treatment along with alkalizer.
After complete course of antibiotic, select other antibiotic suitable for the infection from the sensitivity chart and take full course of it.
If no other abnormality is found in investigations, you can cure your UTI by this treatment only.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello pls am Abe from Ghana. Am itching on micturition and sometimes after micturition. I treated UTI about 3weeks ago and with that, i was having burning sensation on micturition and slight bleeding after micturition. What is wrong with me? What is causing this? And what should i do? thanks

doctor1 MD

hi .I have increased micturation with burning sensation .im 9 weeks pregnant.i had my urnie analysis done which was clear otherwise but said occasional leukocytes ,occasional epithelial cells occasional red blood cells per hpf no bacteria yeast casts or crystals what should I do for this situation. im drinking alot of water too which gives it relief but then starts again the following day thank you

doctor1 MD

A girl of sixteen year who had menarche four months ago is having irregular cycle. she had menses only two times now she has amenorrhoea for 2 months. She is having difficulty in micturition for one year. after taking antibiotic for 10 days burning has subsided but still having difficulty in micturition. How to deal with this patient