Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

What medicines can I take to reduce weight while breast feeding ?

I am 24yrs old and i am having pcod problem and i am having 7month old baby .but my weight gain during and after delivery was abnormal.before my marriage i was 74 kgs and i got concieved soon after my marriage and gained 27kgs and after delivery also i gained a i am 107 kgs .i totally depressed ,i am feeling very bad.i getting iritated for small things .me with my husband relationship was becoming very bad.i just want rapid change in my weight loss .even i am breast feeding i didnt lose my weight.i dnt have patience .pls suggest me some pills 4 weight loss.i love my baby very much i want to feed him atleast upto 10 month ,but during breastfeeding nobody suggest medicine,i am totally frustrated one side my baby and another side my weight loss,its hurting me a lot.pls tell me medicine to lose weight .i am ready to stop breast feeding (but it hurts me a lot).pls help me.i want to lose weight rapidly.pls tell the same time i will follow diet and exercise along with that i want to have pills to reduce soon .
Asked On : Mon, 26 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Please do not stop breast feeding,
Go for thyroid and blood sugar testing.
Take low fat,carbohydrate food,
Avoid fatty,sweet items,
Avoid fried and junk food.
Most important is go for regular exercise like running,jogging,swimming daily 30-40 mnt .
Do not go for diet pills.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 27 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Get yourself investigated for hypothyroidism and diabetes.since you are having PCOD also there are chances for you to develop diabetes in future.There is no pill which can reduce weight.And if somebody does advice you for the medicine then he is befooling you.For you best way is regular exercises along with controlled diet.Consult a dietician for the best results.Have patience weight reduction can't be achieved in short term.Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor