Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What medicine should be taken for mouth ulcers ?

Hi Doc, How can i cure of my mouth ulcer . This is very pain ful. Please suggest. I took medicine which contain Vit- B. But it is not effected.
Asked On : Mon, 9 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Mouth ulcers occurs due to many factors, like immunologic abnormalities, vitamin deficiencies, trauma and allergy.

Get a thorough checkup done by the Dentist.
Apply ointment cortisone acetate topically over the affected area.
Diet suplementation with vitamin B12, iron, folic acid and zinc sulphate.
Use colgate plax solution gargles after toothbrushing.
Get you teeth cleaned.
Maintain a good oral hygiene.
In severe conditions corticosteroids can be administered.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Sonia Nayab's  Response
hi ajeet
thanks for asking your query
mouth ulcers are due to multiple reason for e.g. infection,vitamin deficiency,chemical irritant, thermal trauma.

apply daktarin gel on the affected area.
do saline water rinses
avoid spicy and hot food.
maintain good oral hygiene
use chlorohexidine mouthwash
take vitamin supplements.
hope this will help.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Ajeet

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Vitamin B is effective in treating mouth ulcer / apthous ulcer. Please continue same tablets and also use salt water rinsing frequently or a mouthwash like Hiora from Himalaya used can heal the ulcer.Avoid spicy foods or hot foods. Please mention since how many days you are having this apthous ulcer.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Reji. D's  Response
hi, welcome to healthcaremagic forum
aphtous ulcers are very painful plz continue b complex tablets.if it is very painful you can take an analgesic LYSR D(diclofenac+seratiopeptidase) TWO TIMES FOR 2 DAYS
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor