Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What medicine should I take for pimple and sore blisters under the chin ?

i have a blind pimple on my bottom lip and just underiton my chin a bunch of little blisters have appeared, its a little sore but mostly just irritating, would u have any ideas wat it may be and if there is anything i can do about it?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear user.,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Bunch of blisters below lower lip could be..,
HERPES is type 1 Herpes Virus..,
it is highly contagious..,
Treatment is...
1) Don't rupture it...after face wash..,
only mop that area by dry cloth..,
2) Topical Acyclovir cream application..,
3) Tab Ayclovir 200 mg 3 times daily for 5 Days ..,
will give good result..,
Take plenty of fruits, freshgreen vegetables...ok...good luck..,
Answered: Wed, 1 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Have you had fever recently? You may be having Herpes Labialis, which is infection of the lips, mouth, or gums with the herpes simplex virus. It leads to the development of small, painful blisters commonly called cold sores or fever blisters. Not to worry as it is not a serious issue as if it is left untreated, the symptoms will disappear on their own in a week or two.
Topical antiviral cream may be used, which should be applied every 2 hours during the day.
Wash the blisters gently with soap and water to reduce the spread of the virus to other areas of skin. Applying ice or warmth to the area may reduce pain.

Kindly consult your Physician first.

Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor