Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What medicine should I take for acidity problem ?

Hi Doctor , i am 23 yrs. girl, i v acidity problem from couple of months. i dont eat even junk & Spicy food & do exercise , morning walk on daily basis. please tell me the way to get rid from this problem. i shall be thankful to u for this.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  323
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

You have acidity problem even though you donot eat junk,spicy foods with regular exercise. Most likely you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disorder. Medications include: 1) Antacid suspension or tablet 3-4 times after food. 2) Histamine 2 receptors antagonists - Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Famotidine can be given in divided doses. Or 3) Proton pump inhibitor - Omeprazole, pantoprazole, and lansoprazole can be given in morning empty stomach, if required extra dose to be gin in the evening emty stomach, 4) Prokinetic medicines domperidone and metoclopramide can be helpful if there is accompanying vomitting tendency.If no relief, H. pylori infection may be present, treatment is combinations of 2 antibiotics (e.g. Clarithromycin, Amoxicillin, Tetracycline, Metronidazole) and 1 proton pump inhibitor (PPI), sometimes together with a bismuth compound. In complicated, treatment-resistant cases, 3 antibiotics (e.g. amoxicillin + clarithromycin + metronidazole) may be used together with a PPI and sometimes with bismuth compound. An effective first-line therapy for uncomplicated cases would be Amoxicillin + Metronidazole + Pantoprazole (a PPI). In the absence of H. pylori, long-term higher dose PPIs are often used. More over habit of smoking or using any form of tobacco preparations, cosumption of alcohol, tea, coffee, ifrequent use of analgesics for headache or body pain should be avoided.


Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You should avoid junk food, chips, fried food, oily and fatty food, smoking if you do, drinking alcohol as well. Eat more yoghurt, curds, buttermilk for relief. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of water. You can take H2 blocker like Ranitidine tablet half an hour before food and see if there is relief.If you have any nausea or vomiting you can get examined by a Doctor and get an endoscopy done to look for any gastritis or ulcer which can be treated.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor