Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What medicine should I give my child for fever and cough ?

My 8 year old is running a temp of about 100 and she is coughing and has a stuffy nose. I am pretty sure it is the flu . I hate to take her to the Dr. where there will be so many sick children and make her wait all day. I know that they will prescribe tamiflu which is about 60.00 and she will not take the liquid. Would it be better to buy a childrens cold and flu chewable otc medication?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.You may be right,but tamiflu is a prescription drug and has to be prescribed your doctor.In case of seasonal flu any anti cold prepartions that you have will work.Just watch for distress in respiration,refusal to eat etc,in this case you do not have any option but to visit a doctor.In the absence of all this you can give medicines on your own,give him plenty of fluids,hot ones are better and make him take proper rest.
wishing him speedy recovery.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor