Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What medicine is there for mouth ulcer for my 4 year old kid ?

Hello doctor, Gud evening .My 4 & half yr old daughter is having small mouth ulcer for 2 days.she says its paining while eating ..Pls advise.Wht abt BETNESOL oral drops? thank you
Asked On : Sat, 7 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  343
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Poorna,you have not mentioned the site of ulcer.Do not give betnesol drops.You can apply some local anesthetic gel available specially for this.Try give her more of liquids and fruits.Do not give her spicy and hot foods.Be careful while brushing.Bye and take care.
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Jasbir S Chugh's  Response
Dear parent,
Thanks for your query.
Putting Betnesol oral drops once or twice, directly on the ulcer may relieve the pain but should not be used frequenly. Give the child vitamin B complex syrup for few days and to relieve the pain use local gel containing choline salisylate(Zytee gel).
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor