Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

What medicine can i take for cheese like vaginal discharge ?

I have a persistent itchy feeling on my genitals am a female, have been treated severally with doxycycline , fluconazole and now ornidazole dazolic, will it work this time and should my partner also take the same?
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  369
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It appears that U R suffering from yeast infection.It is better both partners receive the treatment,and u should avoid sexual contact till both partners R free from infection.
regular check-ups and follow up is compulsory for complete relief.
the medicines U R using R good but local hygeine is very important.
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hi Welcome to Health Care Magic......
The symptoms you have described looks like a candidial infection which should have resolved with fluconazole. In any case bacterial vaginosis is another STD with a similar presentation.
You need to get the vaginal discharge examined by a pathologist-1) Vaginal discharge for microscopy and culture and sensitivity is the test. The result can tell you weather its a candidial infection , bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis. This will confirm the diagosis and based on that treatment is to be taken.
2) Else you can take a AF Kit that has a combination of 3 drugs which act against all those causing STD s.3) Usually all STD s need the partner to be treated simultaneously , so get your partner treated too.
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor