Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

What medicine can I take to remove the dark spots which are there since childhood ?

i have old scars from when i was little and am unable to wear shorts, skirts, and dress, is there anything that i can use to remove them?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
There are various possible causes of spotty pigmentation.You can apply a moisturer in that area. Avoid sun exposure. Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. The Dermatologist will offer you creams and/or options of laser removal of the pigmentation.
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

What you have got is called post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.Treatment depends upon the depth of pigmentation.If it is superficial then, chemical peels ,hydroquinone creams ,tretinon creams might help you.
But if it is deep .then lasers are best options.
The specific laser would be Q-switched nd:yag laser which works good on pigmentation .
kindly consult a dermatologist who has a good laser practice also and can help you with the same.

Dr.Bharat Chawda

Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor