Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What medicine can I take for hepatomegaly?

hi i am my cousin of age 4 half is suffering from hepatomagely disease , he is having stomach pain , doctor asked to do 4 test 1st-serum lapid profile 2nd-serum liver function test 3rd-serum thyriod stimulating hormone 4th-serum cortisol plz give me advice for his stomach pain and also for his diet ..
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
If your cousin has hepatomegaly (It is not a disease it just denotes that his liver is enlarged)you might have to check his blood picture and reticulocyte count to rule out any hemolytic disease of the new born.Serum lipid profile was advised by your doctor to rule out any lipid profile.Liver enzymes were advised to rule out any defect to the function of the liver due to deposition of waste products in the liver.Serum TSH and cortisol were done to assess his metabolism.Regarding his stomach pain you can give him syrup carmicide 5 ml if needed.Regarding his diet you should avoid very hot or very cold foods.Avoid fat containing meals like fried foods and spicy food.Give him a lot of fruits and make him drink enough water.The treatment of the condition will depend upon the blood results
Answered: Sat, 31 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor