Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What medicine can I take for UTI with blood in my urine ?

Ive been having an on and off UTI for almost a week. I used the AZO pills . It worked but now the pain is back when i urinate. However, now i pee blood . What can this be?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
You should get an ultrasound to rule out renal stones/mass.Get another urine microscopy done.Hematuria/bllod in urine is a bad sign.You need to see a urologist about a detailed history and tests immediately.
Answered: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Reji. D's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
haematuria may be due to so many reasons eg.renal stones/tumers,urinary tract infection with virses,STDS(sexualy transmitted have to do a urine microscopy(if white blood tests are seen along with red blood cells then it is more favour of UTI ),ultra sound scan to rule out renal stones/tumors
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor