Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What medicine and diet should be taken for spondylolisthesis ?

my mother is suffering from spinal disorder spondilolisthesis .dr said it cannot be operated as she is 55 yrs of age and also suffering from hypertensionwhat should she taken as medicine and diet?
Mon, 30 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

She will need pain killer and Physiotherapy. Also spinal brace will help. She needs to keep her blood pressure under control as Surgery is important for her problem. Check BP regularly. Avoid junk food, fatty food, no added salt diet. She needs to have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as they reduce blood pressure as well. If she can do some walking everyday for 20 minutes it will help. Get her cholesterol and lipid levels checked and if high she may need cholesterol lowering medicine as well. Take anti-hypertensive medicine on time.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Namaste sir! My mother aged 55years is suffering from back pain for about 20 years. I visited to a orthopaedic doctor in allopath, he declared her...

Recent questions on  Spinal cord injury

doctor1 MD

Severe neck pain for 4 weeks. Orthopedist read MRI findings. Results, supposedly could be 1. Disc space infection or 2. spinal cord tumor. I was...

doctor1 MD

Karen falls down a flight of stairs and suffers spinal cord damage due to hyperextension of the cord during the fall. The injury results in edema...

doctor1 MD

ver since my delivery 6 1/2 years ago, I hav been having problems controlling my rectal muscle. I pass motion too many times - around 7 to eight...

doctor1 MD

my father is having problems in both hands and speaking. his hands have been gradually inactive in a period of 6 years , muscles considerably...

doctor1 MD

Hi - I am female, age 65, in overall excellent health. For the last month I’ve had significant pain in my leg bones - mostly the femur (that’s the...

doctor1 MD

I have normal erection and ejaculation but there is no semen discharge.

doctor1 MD

hi, I have a mild case of cerebral palsy , high cognitive functioning and full functioning of my legs. The only outward sign of the cp is I walk...