Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What medications should I take for severe bang on the head causing headache, fatigue, dizziness and blurred vision ?

Hi I am 40 year old mom of 2. I hit the top of my head on the bottom of my daughter s loft bed pretty hard on Thursday night (it is now Saturday afternoon 2 days later). I saw some stars and fell to ground, but did not lose consciousness . I have mild headaches, some fatigue , dizziness, blurred vision (mostly in in left eye) and some possible irritability ... kind of more cranky and weepy than usual. I don t want to go to ER if I don t have to but I also don t want to be foolish. Please advise.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your symptoms are suggestive of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury or sometimes referred to as Concussion.It is usually benign but in a few complications can develop.

All the symptoms described by you including excessive emotionality out of proportion to the circumstance is described with Concussion.

Anyone with suspected Concussion should undergo a medical evalution.The doctors will advise a Neuroimaging (CT scan or MRI Brain)if needed, after a neurologic and mental status assesment.

The prognosis is usually very good in a appropriately treated case of Concussion and complications rarely arise especially if the neuroimaging is normal. People with concussion are advised to forgo Strenous activity during recovery.

Some of the warning signs in a suspected case of traumatic brain injury are worsening of headache, increased confusion or restlessness, vomiting,stiff neck, unsteadiness,seizures,weakness or numbness of a part of body etc.

Hope this helps and you are back to your best soon!

Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajesh Patel's  Response
by reading your complaints,i think at that time you should attend the ER.. but don't worry if complain persist then consult ophthalmic surgeon or general surgeon
Answered: Wed, 28 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see you may had mild head injury .if you don't want to go for ER then concern physician who check you vitals and bp give you further advice.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor