Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

What medications or treatment should be taken for a 3rd degree burn ?

my boy friend has what we think is a 3rd degree burn on his arm , what should we do , we put burn jel on it , should we wrap it now?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello ..‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’
after pouring tap water .. u can can cool the temperature of the room turn on the ac or fan it.. do not cover the wound with cloth..
you need to immediately consult your doctor 3rd degree burn shuld not be treated at home it requires proper medical attention.. do not self medicate..
wishing him good health..
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
First clean it with cold water to reduce the wound's temperature. Either immerse it in cold water or apply cold water compresses or place it under a running tap water for 5 minutes. Do not apply ice packs. If a blister forms do not burst it, let it burst on itself. Apply antibiotic ointment like Neosporin along with T-Bact antiseptic ointment and cover the wound with sterile gauze. Take him to a Physician for further evaluation of the wound.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor